National Association for Able Children in Education
National Association for Able Children in Education (NACE) https://www.nace.co.uk/
An independent charity founded over 35 years ago, the National Association for Able Children in Education (NACE) works with member schools, education leaders and practitioners to improve provision for more able learners, driving whole-school improvement and raising achievement for all.
NACE believes that all children and young people, regardless of background, should be recognised and have the opportunity to realise their potential. We offer practical resources, support and CPD to help schools review and improve the quality of policy and provision for more able learners within a context of challenge and high standards for all.
Our core principles
Our work is guided by the following core principles, which unite our diverse network of member schools, professionals and partner organisations:
- The education of more able learners is a whole-school endeavour to be embraced by all school leaders.
- Addressing the needs of more able learners will raise achievement for a much wider group of learners in a school.
- Providing for more able learners is not about labelling, but about creating a curriculum and learning opportunities which allow all children to flourish.
- Ability can be revealed across a range of specific domains or more generally, and not only in traditional academic subjects.
- An ethos of high expectations and aspirations is a central plank for any school providing for more able learners.
- Teachers are central to providing challenging and enriching education, and their professional development is paramount.
- Ability is a fluid concept: it can be developed through challenge, opportunity and self-belief.
These principles inform the resources and CPD we offer, as well as the NACE Challenge Development Programme – a comprehensive suite of support for schools seeking to develop high-quality provision for the most able and challenge for all, which can lead to accreditation with the NACE Challenge Award.
Find out more:
- About NACE https://www.nace.co.uk/page/about
- NACE membership https://www.nace.co.uk/page/membership
- Sample resources https://www.nace.co.uk/page/resources-sample
- CPD https://www.nace.co.uk/page/courses
- NACE Challenge Development Programme https://www.nace.co.uk/page/challenge
Registered charity no: 1125907 Company no: 06604325
Tel: +44 (0)1235 425000 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org